Click here for a PDF — so you can print out the instructions. NOTE: This PDF file requires a RECENT version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for FREE at Adobe.com
©Tracy L. Chapman & Sew Thankful Inc. December 2009. All rights reserved.
Please read entire pattern carefully all the way through before beginning.
This simple little block features a nifty pocket. When you finish your ornament, you might
want to tuck a gift card, piece of chocolate, note or other sweet surprise in the pocket.
Materials required for each block:
• Focal Fabric – one 5 inch square*
• Pocket Fabric – one 5 inch square* (contrasting)
• Coordinating sewing thread
*You may choose to make your block any size. Whatever size you choose, simply cut the same size pieces of fabric for focal fabric and pocket fabric. I recommend blocks no smaller than 3″ and no larger than 6 1/2″.
1. Place fabric squares on your work surface.
2. Fold pocket fabric with wrong sides together (right sides out) diagonally so that the corners meet–this will form a triangle. Press with iron.
3. Place pressed/folded pocket fabric on to focal fabric, matching up corners and baste raw edges using a 1/8th inch seam allowance.
4. Cut one 5” fabric square out of your choice of a coordinating or contrasting fabric for the ornament back. Note, if you have chosen a different size block, cut that size fabric for the back.
5. Find ornament finishing instructions on this blog entry: https://www.sewthankfulblog.com/?p=1299
If you would like to receive notice when new free projects become available, please be sure to sign up for the FREE SewThankful eNews, click here.